Manufacturing Supervisor - Cell Therapy- 3rd Shift
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Houston’s Cell and Gene Therapy Facility is the largest in the world and our facility is growing. We are looking for professionals to grow with us and we have this exciting opportunity the Cell Therapy. The Manufacturing Supervisor in Cell Therapy for the Overnight Shift will be responsible to oversee the production of Cell Therapy Products under cGMP conditions.
- Deliver to Plan: Lead and direct the safety, quality, and daily production operations for suite.
- Oversee all tasks on the floor as they are carried out and provide assistance and troubleshooting where required.
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure on time delivery of the production schedule.
- Monitor and coach staff to ensure full compliance with GMP and Quality system requirements.
- Responsible for overall inspection readiness and compliance with quality requirements.
- Lead and oversee the on time completion of document review (batch record, logbook, SOPs) for completeness, clarity, accuracy to support on-time release of batches with minimal errors.
- Coach, teach, train and develop employees through 1:1 meetings, performance review and management, and career planning activities. Support recruiting, staffing, hiring, onboarding performance management, promotion and discipline of operators as appropriate.
- Maintain individual training plan and ensure team remains up to date with training readiness.
- Will provide other managers feedback during review time for dotted line reports.
- Demonstrate strong technical writing abilities (deviation initiations, SOP creation, etc.).
- Understand general operations from a high level to support interactions between various departments
- Must be able to work overnight and weekends (Up to 12 Hour Shifts)
- Bachelor’s Degree in field of science or High School diploma with relevant experience
- Adherence to cGMPs is required at all times during the manufacture of Cell Therapy Projects.
- Advanced experience in manufacturing; GMP setting preferred, and/or 12-24 months experience as an Associate Level IV/Supervisor in bio-pharm industry.
- Background in Biopharmaceutical
- Familiarity with cGMP quality systems.
- Ability to read and comprehend GMP documents (i.e. SOPs, logs, and Batch Records).
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.