Global Head of Customer Experience
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Capsules & Health Ingredients (CHI) has an exciting new opportunity for a Global Head of Customer Experience. The Global Head of Customer Experience is responsible for facilitating ownership of customer experience excellence throughout our company. The vision for customer experience excellence is alignment to strategic customer segments’ expectations and goals, for seamless, transparent and frictionless experience that sustains mutual growth. This position reports to head of Marketing and influences the organization and is CHI champion in providing seamless interactions and mutual value to customers. As strategic customers’ expectations evolve, this executive will drive ongoing alignment to maximize customer lifetime value growth.
- Ensure that all leaders reporting to the Group President have a clear understanding of the company’s vision and goals for customer experience excellence, and of their organization’s respective contribution. This includes setting the customer experience goals assigned to top management executives as part of their annual performance assessment.
- Develop and deploy the company’s customer experience strategy, including characterization of strategic customer segments and implications for charters and roles throughout the company, and systematic collection and application of customer experience insights for strategic advantage and growth.
- Coordinate the various roles associated with customer experience management throughout the company, minimizing silos of systems, data, assumptions, hand-offs, performance and customer touch-points.
- Establish and roll-out the company’s customer experience maturity roadmap for holistic management and incremental sophistication as internal capabilities increase and external expectations evolve.
- Develop an efficient portfolio of customer experience insights and analytics that provide an integrated single view of each customer. Develop an effective portfolio of internal communications that educate executives and employees about customer experience realities, expectations, moments of truth, goals, improvement and innovation techniques and engagement opportunities, emphasizing specific ways different roles can make a difference in customer lifetime value.
- Develop recognition for formal and informal collaboration that resolves issues, prevents issues, and creates value for internal and external customers.
- Work with each discipline across the company to reframe their charter, roles and rituals for customer-centricity, i.e. why customers care and how it can make a difference for customers and/or customer touch-points.
- Develop customer experience performance dashboards that connect lagging indicators of market performance and leading indicators of team performance related to key drivers of customer lifetime value.
- Develop and deploy systematic actioning on customer experience insights by cross-functional representatives, to prevent recurrence of issues and to create new mutual value associated with key drivers of customer lifetime value.
- Influence ease-of-work and ease-of-doing business as a committee member for product development and realization, go-to-market, employee engagement and other endeavors across the company.
- Ensure ongoing skill development and capability-building within the customer experience management roles and among executives and employees at-large for customer-focused communication, customer experience improvement and innovation, and alignment with customer expectations.
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA preferred
- Proven experience implementing a Customer Experience (CX) program.
- Demonstrated ability to create shared vision, inspire collaboration, and drive change with momentum.
- Proven ability to manage diverse efforts’ synergies.
- Experienced in navigating ambiguity and change with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Track record of customer-centric decision-making.
- More than two customer-management roles previously, such as voice of customer, experience design, customer care, customer intelligence, customer loyalty.
- Strong background in customer research and analytics techniques, customer strategy, process improvement, human-centered design and performance management.
- Track record of frequent personal interactions with customers.
- Tech-savvy in evolving technologies.
- Comfortable with public speaking and facilitating large group sessions.
- Work experience in multiple P&L units or multiple functional areas, such as marketing, quality, service, etc.
- Certified Customer Experience Professional (CCXP).
- Lean/Six-Sigma training.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.