Marketing Development Sales Representative (located in Greenwood, works West Coast hours)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza North America has an exciting opportunity for a Market Development Representative who is based in Greenwood, SC but will work West Coast hours in order to service Southern California (Orange County). This person will be responsible for the sales to new and current Market Development Accounts. The ideal candidate must be highly motivated, energetic, well organized and efficient.
This position is Greenwood based and will work West Coast hours to serve the Southern California area (Orange County).
- Market Development Representative will be responsible for developing new accounts and business within the U.S.
- Responsible for generating new business through direct, cold-calling and face to face customer visits.
- Must be able to generate and close new business opportunities by promoting current technologies and emerging technologies as they become available.
- Forecast sales volumes monthly.
- Develop and execute a selling strategy that exceeds business plan as determined by Management.
- Work with Territory Sales Managers, Sales Managers and Business Development Managers to expand potential business accounts.
- BS/BBA in Business, or Marketing.
- Advanced customer service or direct selling experience with proven track record for prospecting and closing business at all revenue levels (small, medium and large).
- Demonstrated commitment to tasks, flexibility to changes or demands, and customer contact through sales or customer service experience
- Capable of working with little supervision and working effectively with all levels within the organization
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Travel required (approx. 5%)
- Demonstrated success using a solution selling approach and major account strategy development.
- Demonstrated ability to be successful in an environment of continuous improvements and stretch targets.
- Strong organizational skills, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to sell and manage to all levels of relationships including President, VP, Director, CFO
- Must be a team player working closely with sales, marketing, business development, customer service, operations, representatives from other business units.
- Must be motivated with an entrepreneurial mindset and tenacious.
- Nutritional background a plus
- May require bilingual language fluency (Spanish) depending on territory assignment.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.