Head of Supply Chain, Drug Product
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is establishing a strategic biomanufacturing base in China using GE Healthcare Solutions. With the new facility, Lonza is responding to growing demand for a high-quality CDMO in the Chinese market.
You will need to manage the Supply Chain department and is responsible for all materials and service procurement, manage the supply base to ensure that all suppliers comply with Lonza quality and lowest total cost requirements. Taking a leading role in the strategic second sourcing initiatives and guarantees supply of critical resources for operations and facilities requirements and demonstrating the ability to manage and coordinate complex projects, initiating on-going cost savings analysis within the procurement department. You will be a member of the Site Leadership Team.
- Hires, develops and coaches the supply chain team with a clear focus to build a high performing professional procurement, warehousing and planning team
- In collaboration with the Lonza Global Procurement Group, focuses on the strategic development of the procurement department and launches and monitors improvement programs to further enhance the value creation.
- Supports all major global contracts/agreements with a clear focus on global leverage and "Net Total Value"
- Supports the negotiation of prices for key global contracts and competitive bidding situations to ensure the lowest total cost and highest quality.
- Continuously review of contractual agreements and subcontracts. Suggests changes for any unsatisfactory performance.
- Review and approve raw materials specifications provided by documentation department.
- Ensure submission to suppliers of such documentation to be considered an integral part of the purchase order contract.
- Supplier Performance Management. Ensure that supplier quality and delivery performance is maintained at a level consistent with effective manufacturing operations.
- Actively manage the supply base to maintain adequate quality levels as well as a competitive base for all procurement decisions.
- Sufficient knowledge of international trade regulations and logistics to effectively negotiate and select suppliers to develop and maintain an effective supply pipeline for site business needs while adhering to all national and international customs and regulatory requirements.
- Establish and maintain warehouse operation for the site such that safe working practices are adhered to plus all requirements of CGMP
- Establish and maintain materials planning function to ensure optimal use of manufacturing schedule and ensure raw materials are procured when required.
- Any other duties as assigned by your Supervisor/Manager
- Diploma/Degree in Purchasing/Supply Chain Management or its equivalent
- Experience in Procurement and I or Logistics Operations for at least 5, preferably 10 years
- Thorough understanding of CGMP requirements preferably with experience in a Pharma/regulated environment
- Skillful knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word Project, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge in SAP or any other integrated ERP system required
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.