Head of Engineering, Drug Product (DP)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is establishing a strategic bio manufacturing base in China using GE Healthcare Solutions. With the new facility, Lonza is responding to growing demand for a high-quality CDMO in the Chinese market. You are responsible for the availability of the manufacturing facility for production and for ensuring the engineering services are executed safely and within the expected quality and compliance (GMP) standards. You will be leading a high performing team of engineers, maintenance personnel and mechanics and is responsible for executing CAPEX projects.
- Ensures availability of the manufacturing facility for production in accordance to Lonza GxP and EHS requirements.
- Secures professional and economic execution of maintenance activities and high availability of the manufacturing units and equipment.
- Support production and project teams in all questions of plant engineering, maintenance and utilities.
- Controls annual maintenance budget, lump sum and CAPEX budget.
- Implementation of improvement initiatives for processes, plants and procedures (maintenance excellence) as well as CAPEX projects and establish appropriate and effective technical support
- Provides and executes a mid to long term strategic plan to ensure the current and future needs of the Sterile Drug Product facility are fully met, adequately resourced, compliant and delivered on time.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the plant engineering team
- Ensures a good information exchange from the management levels to his/her team and the other way around through regularly team meetings, Gemba walks and escalation of production issues.
- Implements the LONZA culture via openness for change and new ideas, cooperative teamwork and continuous improvement even outside his/her own area of responsibility.
- Implements a vision as service provider in his organization
- Gives leadership to the team with full responsibility for all aspects of human resource management such as qualification, development, coaching, hiring, pay decisions and discipline issues.
- Responsible for resource and vacation planning of the assigned team members with regard to the fulfillment of all production orders and maintenance plans.
- Supports the DP manufacturing head, Drug Product services in global projects.
- Contribute and support of the whole Drug Product Services team (e.g. evaluations, customer visits).
- University degree (PhD or MSc) in pharmaceutical sciences, chemistry, or process engineering, or related fields or equivalent with significant work experience in sterile DP
- Extensive industry experience in aseptic product manufactures (clinical product and/or commercial product) with proven knowledge of cGMP compliance requirements.
- International experience and experience in “large pharma” is strongly requested.
- Profound knowledge of aseptic processing and GMPs. Depth understanding of operational excellence to solve problems; good understanding of business and financial processes
- Demonstrates effective leadership. Ability to effectively communicate, collaborate, and foster positive interactions with team members and stakeholders.
- Must be capable of motivating others, creating a positive work climate where interdepartmental collaboration, coaching and performance feedback are continuous.
- Experienced at establishing clear directions, leading others and bringing out their best.
- Must be able to break down complex problems and tasks into activities capable of being performed by personnel.
- Spoken and written Chinese and English.
- Proven IT knowledge (e.g. MES, Comos, SAP)
- Excellent organizational and planning abilities.
- Ability to effectively communicate, collaborate, and foster positive interactions with own team, project team members and stakeholders.
- Change management skills.
- Structured, focused and well-organized working attitude; open-minded for new ideas and solution-oriented; high motivation and dynamic drive; action orientated
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.