QC RM Technical Expert
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Quality Control Expert implements and executes activities in the Quality Control Raw Material department in the broadest sense while ensuring compliance with all existing GMP and safety standards. Acting as a contact person in complex issue handling and complex activity performance which requires knowledge and skills in the applicable expertise branch.
As a Technical Expert you will be required to apply scientific skills, knowledge and experience to provide advice and propose improvements where required.
- Good knowledge and experience of Raw Materials used in CGT industry;
- The Technical Expert is aware about the applicable guidelines and very knowledgeable about the ins and outs of her branch;
- Participates in the initial assessment of new materials and the creation of material specification and material assessment?;
- Is responsible to draft and define testing and sampling plans for raw materials;
- Knowledgeable about the internal and global process for incoming materials;
- The Technical Expert is expected to provide problem-solving input for issues within the branch;
- Continuously educating and increasing the knowledge in the field of expertise;
- The Technical Expert comes with improvements and ideas to increase efficiency and quality;
- Proactive follow-up on development activities within the applicable discipline as well building up and sharing of knowledge within the QC department and relevant departments;
- Interface with QC employees and contract labs as necessary to identify possible improvements and assess implementation together with QC Team Leader;
- To advise on and ensure generation, review and approval of QC documents in coordination with other departments and in accordance with cGMP;
- Provide input in risk analysis for assessments where QC Raw Materials input is required;
- Suggesting and implementing process, planning and training improvements;
- Enable cross-departmental and cross-facility collaboration in the branch;
- Perform other duties with respect to the field of QC Raw Materials as assigned.
- Broad understanding of raw materials used in CGT for a wide range of customer processes;
- Deep understanding of the related guidelines on raw material management in CGT is required;
- Practical experience, working with is essential to allow the application of skills and knowledge in the workplace;
- Good inter-personal skills to communicate effectively with a range of contacts within the team, multi-departmental and through direct communication with project managers or clients;
- Good organizational and planning skills are required to ensure that pieces of work are completed and reported by agreed deadlines;
- Thoroughness, Initiative, Critical Information seeking, Results orientation, Analytical thinking, Ability to Learn are competencies required for this role.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.