Project Controls Manager
United States, Portsmouth (New Hampshire)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Project Controls Manager is responsible to support Biologics project teams in the United States to take into account comprehensive and accurate project schedule & cost estimations and implement robust monitoring & control processes to ensure project costs & schedules and any related risks are regularly reviewed and mitigated/brought back on track.
In this role you will be responsible for a group of planners and cost controllers on a multiple Projects in order to;
1) Develop, monitor and control an accurate project schedule & costs. Implement robust monitoring & control processes to ensure project costs & schedules and any related risks are regularly reviewed and mitigated/brought back on track and
2) Consolidate and report on all CAPEX elements within project (e.g. Scope, Spend, Cost & Schedule)
Become part of this exciting opportunity and apply now!
- Responsible for the overall development of the Lonza Project Schedule and Cost Control/Reporting for multiple Projects
- Ensure the Project Risk Registers are updated and support Lessons Learned on Projects
- Ensure that costs & schedule from third party providers & contracting parties are managed, reported and corrected for any risks for their respective parts of projects.
- Ensure project control plans and related reporting for cost & schedule elements are implemented during the project execution phase.
- Working with the Platform Project Control Team in consolidating reporting and supporting the development/issue of individual project reports, ensuring deviations on cost & schedule are identified early and corrective actions taken
- Support Project Leads (PL’s) and CAPEX Leads (CL’s) within the SGIE US region in the project initiation phase to assess the completeness with a specific focus on cost, schedule and risk.
- Degree in Engineering or equivalent construction industry qualification
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience working on capital construction projects in the area of project controls
- Experience in being part of a team planning & implementing small, mid and large scale projects is desirable
- Experience in leading a team of senior professionals, preferably in the area of cost and scheduling
- Demonstrated history of applying “best practices” and achieving results in the areas of project cost & scheduling, and linking these to risk management.
- Understanding of how a Pharmaceutical/Bio Science business works.
- Strong leadership and team playing skills
- Excellent communication skills in English required, other language skills advantageous
- Willingness to Travel
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.