Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking for an experienced Technical Investigator to be join our Centre of Excellence for biopharmaceutical process development and small-scale GMP manufacturing in Slough, UK.
This role will be to investigate and close Engineering focused deviations primarily with the opportunity to use skills on deviations related to other areas of the business (Manufacturing, QC, MSAT and Supply Chain)
- Responsible for the position to ensure completion and closure of deviations and investigations in conjunction with relevant parties.
- The position is expected to plan, execute and lead root cause analysis events with attendance of relevant departments.
- Work with all departments to identify appropriate actions to facilitate deviation closure.
- The position is expected to work closely with the QA Operations team to support deviation closure.
- Attend the daily Deviation meeting and to give appropriate feedback to the attending parties for deviation status and progression
- Present technical deviation status of root cause and findings to Customers, auditors and internal teams / managers as appropriate.
- Train the relevant Manufacturing personnel to advance their technical writing and investigation skills.
- May be involved in projects, not directly associated with deviations or investigations.
- Any other duties assigned by the Manager.
What we need you to have:
- Degree (or equivalent) in a science or (related engineering) discipline
- Hands on experience within a Quality environment including using the QMS
- Background within technical writing, RC Investigations and FMEA experience.
- Understand of GMP with an engineering department
- Experienced interacting with customers and auditors
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.