Head of Environment (m/w/d)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
For the Environmental Department in our growing site in Visp, we’re looking for a Head of Environment (m/w/d). As the head of the environmental department at site Visp, you manage your staff and assume the technical and financial leadership of the department.
- Coordination of all environmental activities at site Visp, assessment of the environmental performance of the site, definition of environmental standards and supervision of major projects
- Personal and financial management of the department
- Elaboration and implementation of a comprehensive investigation, monitoring and remediation strategy for contaminated sites within the production facilities in Visp
- Assessment with internal and external contractors the environmental impact of new constructions and production plants according to the federal Ordinance on environmental impacts
- Evaluation of the actual state and development of a remediation strategy to reduce noise induce to the neighborhood
- Contacts with authorities and others stakeholders, internal formation of Lonza’s employees
- Master’s or PhD degree in Chemistry / Environment or related discipline
- Intensive professional experience in environmental protection or chemical production
- Fluent in both German and English, French is an asset
- Knowledge in environmental legislation is advantageous
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate and negotiate at higher level
- Innovative, independent and efficient way of work
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.