Senior CAD Operator
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Senior CAD Operator provides support to the business as a technical resource for the administration and control of Engineering drawings and other Engineering documentation types in compliance with company and departmental SOPs in a cGMP environment. The individual will work in a fast-paced, safety-oriented, team environment and must have a working knowledge of site and global Documentation and Quality Management Systems.
- Executes routine CAD and Engineering Documentation work as assigned by the Maintenance Manager and maintains the drawings and documents for which the Portsmouth engineering Documentation group is responsible for in a state of inspection readiness at all times.
- Supports capital Engineering projects as needed as a technical resource to aid in the smooth transition of new Engineering drawings into the formal Lonza system
- Maintains department performance records to comply with Good Engineering Practice requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining current training on all related aspects of job.
- High School Diploma of equivalent
- Significant experience in a GMP regulated environment
- Understands the importance of timely CAD documents while also focusing on accuracy of CAD drawings and the role they play in plant safety and plant operations
- Experience with CAD software (latest version), Computer literacy (spreadsheets, databases), familiarity with PIDs, xRef files, 3D modeling, piping isometrics, architectural layouts, Engineering Documentation filing systems
- Experience with SAP, Documentum, Trackwise, and SharePoint is desired.
- Strong organizational skills and a solid background in maintaining Engineering drawings in a constant state of readiness, accurately reflecting “As-Built” field conditions of equipment and facility design details within the plant.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.