Facilities Maintenance Mechanic Lead
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza’s Portsmouth, NH site has had a lot of growth over the past few years, including building a fully automated manufacturing suite, and manufacturing mRNA technology for the covid19 vaccine. The site is continuing it’s growth, and looking to build teams to support upcoming expansions.
The Lead Engineering Services Maintenance Mechanic provides support to the site by overseeing the operation and daily checks on both Direct and Indirect Manufacturing equipment and performing equipment troubleshooting and repairs in compliance with company and departmental SOPs. The Lead mechanic will work in a fast-paced, safety-oriented, team environment and must have an in depth knowledge of all Manufacturing equipment, systems and processes. The Lead will be expected to have a high level of troubleshooting and repair skill, and will be a system expert (demonstrate a complete understanding of the theory of operation and system design) and qualified trainer on all systems. The Lead will oversee the training of all mechanics in their area, maintain records to comply with Good Manufacturing Practice requirements to include detailed documentation of work performed in both electronic and written form and will routinely use the TrackWise electronic Quality Management System.
- Oversee daily group workload. This includes assigning work to junior mechanics and ensuring all maintenance work is completed on time, review and closure of completed work orders and ensuring the all areas of responsibility are in a state of inspection readiness at all times. .
- Perform administrative activities to facilitate the execution of maintenance tasks. This includes creating purchase requisitions, scheduling work with Maintenance planning or other departments, responding to maintenance calls in a timely, professional manner.
- Execute complex troubleshooting and repair of both Direct and Indirect Manufacturing equipment and systems in the Portsmouth facility and assist/coordinate contractors and vendors to ensure equipment is maintained in full operational status..
- Maintains records to comply with Good Manufacturing Practice requirements. Acts as document owner for area Standard Operating Procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining current training on all related aspects of job and ensuring junior mechanics are similarly trained.
- Work with Level 1, 2, 3 and 4 Mechanics to increase their knowledge of the area responsible process equipment systems and assist with their training.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent, relevant Associate Degree or Certification preferred.
- Can utilize troubleshooting/hand tools and can read complex mechanical, piping and equipment drawings.
- Intermediate computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite, DMS, and SAP are required.
- The ability to comprehend and apply Standard Operating Procedures on a continual basis in all facets of the job.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to influence others’ decisions through the use of previous maintenance experience examples and lessons learned.
- Working knowledge of shop math and basic mechanical knowledge.
- Prior experience in a GMP, Biotechnology and/or FDA regulated environment highly desired.
- Commitment to perform all work in a safe manner.
- The ability and desire to excel in a fast paced, inclusive team environment which prides itself on providing the highest level of service to our internal customers.
- Desire to interact in a professional, helpful manner with staff at all levels within the organization on a regular basis.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.