Electrician - Electrical Systems
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Electrical Systems Lead is responsible for the scheduling, installation, maintenance (preventative maintenance), troubleshooting and repairing of manufacturing and non-manufacturing electrical equipment. The Electrical Systems Lead will ensure periodic inspections of Electrical Systems are performed, and daily checks and repairs are completed in compliance with company and departmental SOPs. The Electrical Systems Lead will oversee the training of all Electrical Techs in his/her area.
- Schedule and monitor all Electrical Work Orders from creation to sign off.
- Interface with other departments, Manager and contractors to determine schedules for projects and maintenance.
- Organize and prioritize work to be done, assign tasks to others as necessary.
- Keep all Electrical utility and work areas clean, safe and well organized.
- Ensure periodic inspections of Electrical Systems are performed, and daily checks and repairs are completed in compliance with company and departmental SOPs
- Oversee the training of all Electrical Technicians and supervise the work of outside electrical contractors and vendors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to understand National Electrical Code and implement the rules in your repair and installation of electrical systems and equipment. Also, should be able to review work of others against NEC.
- Completes routine request work orders and Preventative Maintenance (PM) work orders
- Ability to be a project manager on small projects. Estimate and manage labor and material
- Helps scope plant improvement projects including electrical distribution, control systems, security, fire alarm, and HVAC
- Installation and repair of lighting, HVAC, single and 3 phase motors, VFD’s, instrumentation, valve actuation, fire alarm, and security
- Ability to design and install a control circuit for various uses.
- Preventative Maintenance of all Electrical Systems including fire, security, power management, and power distribution.
- Licensed Electrician required
- Knowledge of electrical circuits and their maintenance and construction; is current on all electrical codes that apply to our site.
- Skilled in electrical systems maintenance and repair, extensive experience in lock out/tag out procedures; skilled at documentation in a cGMP environment. Project management skills.
- Team player with exceptional customer service skills.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.