Senior Principal Investigator - Inhalation Technologies
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Pharma and Biotech has an opening for an Inhalation Principal Investigator in their Bend, OR location. The Inhalation Principal Investigator is accountable for the formulation and process design, development and manufacturing for the inhalation technology platform, including client programs focused on the inhalation or intranasal drug delivery route specifically around dry powder inhalers.
As the Sr. Inhalation Principal Investigator, you will apply your knowledge of chemistry, material science, and engineering to solve drug delivery, formulation, process, and manufacturing challenges to progress client programs focused on early, late stage clinical and commercial development. Oversees multiple cross functional product development teams for specific client programs to execute work plans against specific hypothesis and problem statements. Reviews, interprets, and reacts to data to make tactical and strategic decisions in order to maintain or change product development plans specific for the client portfolio.
- Accountable for technical success of client programs by working with the client and the internal Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to define the program problem statements and technical program strategy
- Primary client technical counterpart related to formulation, process, and analytical methods
- Work with client to define and maintain appropriate Target Product Profile (TPP) to guide technical development strategy
- Recognizes trends in program pipeline and client problem statements and work across sites and commercial development to identify potential strategies/technologies to address opportunities and/or gaps
- Present technical results and recommendations to the client. Serve as the primary technical point of contact for the client programs (internally and externally)
- Define Intellectual Properties (IP) strategy for each program (by working with legal IP) that maximizes value for the client and Lonza by recognizing and pursuing new IP, utilizing existing IP, and / or establishing Freedom to Operate (FTO)
- Lead, motivate, and mentor multi-disciplinary project team of internal SMEs, scientists, and engineers to meet technical milestones on appropriate timelines and provide technical feedback and recommendations at the project level
- Collaborate effectively between different technical lines and support cross line collaboration
- Identify and propose new technical opportunities while working on client programs
- Bachelors degree or higher in chemistry, engineering or pharmaceutical sciences or related technical degree
- Advanced knowledge of common inhalation analytical techniques such as particle sizing, impaction testing and delivered dose content uniformity required
- Substantial understanding and execution of Chemistry, Manufacturing, and Controls (CMC) to advance inhalation and intranasal programs through various stages of clinical development is required
- Experience with spray drying, other particle engineering techniques, and carrier-based platforms for inhalation drug delivery via dry powder inhalers preferred
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.