Sr. Manager Raw Materials and Production Planning
The Sr. Manager Raw Materials and Production Planning is responsible for performing tasks to ensure the monthly Supply Planning processes are completed to support the integrated planning processes.
Responsible for the creation, execution and maintenance of the Supply Plan including the creation of the Master Production Schedule and medium term capacity loading outlooks. In this role, you will develop proactive strategies to anticipate and mitigate issues and risks with respect to supply planning. Will be responsible to report and own plans to improve the accuracy of supply plan accuracy and outlook. Develop (or work with Inventory Manager) to maintain inventory targets by categories and manage inventory of new and phase-out parts. Facilitate the reduction of excess inventory.
- Execute the monthly supply planning cycle including the creation and updating of supply plans and identification of key supply decisions
- Ensure input from all relevant stakeholders are incorporated into supply plan
- Ensure and implement control in managing raw materials and finished goods inventory to prevent losses and/or scrap.
- Prepare supply planning input into monthly S&OP cycle and annual budget cycle
- Create and maintain supply related KPIs and use as basis for supply planning improvement initiatives
- Liaise with all relevant stakeholders and functions to ensure supply plan represents consensus view of future supply plans and actions
- Ensure supply plan is inputted and maintained in relevant supply systems including SAP IBP and SAP ECC
- Ensure Supply Plans is used to drive related material, labor and asset capacity plans
- Maintain all supply related parameters and master data in relevant planning systems
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s preferred. Preferred area of study, Supply Chain or Business Management.
- CPIM certification required.
- Substantial experience working directly within a supply chain function.
- Experience within a GMP operations facilities required, Biotechnology or similar industry highly desired.
- Supervision/Management experience, ability to coach, develop and mentor others.
- Ability to influence both Supply Chain and functional leaders to support supply planning and site manufacturing strategy recommendations.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, able to present ideas in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to define metrics (KPIs) and identify issues through root cause analysis.
- Competent using MS Office Suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to use Business Intelligence systems to extract data and generate reports.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.