Operational Excellence Business Partner (18 month FTC)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Would you like to join our global business where we invest in great people?
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Operational Excellence Business Partner to join our highly succesful OE team on a Fixed Term basis (18 months).
The OE business partner (OEBP) position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. The position serves as a consultant to management on continuous improvement-related topics, and will also include the delivery and or support to complex projects within the designated business area/site as required.
- Understand and facilitate the mapping processes, consider these in context of lean and six sigma, enable the team to deliver effective solutions’
- Mentor, coach or train team members including green belts in Lean / Lean Six Sigma methodologies
- Lead and facilitate improvement/problem solving workshops
- Work with the team to uncover and assess lean opportunities; helping to prioritise those projects with greatest benefit and support delivery with well executed sustainable steps
- Lead specific projects and apply lean six sigma tools to improve processes
- Input into strategy to align & prioritise lean/CI initiatives & project objectives for the business area ensuring there is no overlap or conflict of local improvements with wider transformational objectives
- Effect change by influencing operational teams to adopt lean concepts such as 5s, A3, PDCA, standard work, DMAIC, problem solving, visual management & the creation of lean flow in their daily work
- BSc + additional years’ experience in a life science or engineering field.
- Lean Six Sigma – Black Belt certified (or equivalent)
- Experience of change management in a manufacturing or regulated industry setting
- Experience of embedding OE culture in an operational setting
- Industry experience in a manufacturing or development industry
- Experience in Project Delivery/Project Management
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.