Team Leader QC
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Geleen is looking for a QC Team Leader to join our Quality Control team. The QC Team Leader will have oversight and responsibility for the planning and execution of daily quality test and control activities while ensuring compliance with all existing GMP and safety standards in the area of responsibility. You will be the link between the team and other teams c.q. the Manager Quality Control. Leading a team of (Senior) Quality Control Associates on execution of quality control activities.
- Scheduling and Planning of QC testing/ activities. Ensures equipment and the work area is safe for employees to perform their duties
- Accountable for delivery on time on committed activities within the team
- Collaborate with Project Lead to define realistic timelines for the implementation of new methods
- Assay/Documentation/Quality Events review and approval
- Attending department related meetings
- Independently drive or oversee projects to on-time completion
- Resolving personnel issues and work place conflicts
- Troubleshooting, problem solving operational and or performance issues
- Responsible for the qualification and development of the team.
- Other – such as leading OE initiatives, Improvements, Helping with Transfers, hiring of staff
- Implementing tools to gather applicable information and assure that information is captured (fe. Assay results for data trending)
- Perform and report data trending for the applicable results
- Guaranteeing appropriate handover of information between teams and shifts
- Define the workload and justify by numbers if additional resources are required
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in Biotechnology / Pharma.
- Proven experience as Team Leader in QC environment.
- Experienced in cell based assays (cell culturing, cell counting, Phenotyping, cytotoxicity and other FACs-based assays) plus can be PCR, ELISA.
- Strong planning, prioritization, and scheduling skills, Organized.
- Strong ability to speak publicly. Displays a calm and controlled demeanor in all situations.
- Strong ability to interpret data and troubleshoot testing in area of expertise.
- Perform assigned, complex and/or varied tasks.
- Excellent ability to problem solve. Changes work within their group quickly in unexpected situations.
- Outstanding ability to collaborate testing with Manufacturing.
- Clearly outlines and gives instructions to analysts in their team.
- Excellent ability to communicate in both written and verbal format. Is able to clearly communicate via email or memo as required.
- Maintain positive attitude and emotional composure in a team environment.
- Positive can do attitude, good listener who follows through on requests from management and or staff. Able to effectively influence. Is flexible and adaptable to meet business needs. Timeliness in completing assigned tasks.
- Mentoring and leading direct reports.
- Able to deliver and own difficult messages to staff (i.e. disciplinary actions, poor performance plans).
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.