Department Manager, Facilities & Utilities
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is currently looking for a Facilities &Utilities Manager. You will be the primary owner of all plant infrastructure systems, including buildings, utilities, HVAC, water treatment, building automation system, etc.
- Manages and oversees plant utilities operation and facilities maintenance including:
- Maintain all facilities infrastructure equipment and systems including mechanical, electrical, and plumbing.
- Maintain internal environmental controls (HVAC) for all manufacturing spaces, laboratories, and offices.
- Operate and maintain all GMP utilities equipment and systems (Water for Injection, clean steam systems and Compressed Dry Air).
- Develop and maintain all utilities equipment and procedural SOP’s, operation manuals, facility related drawings and vendor documents.
- Develops and implements facility specific operations and maintenance processes as required.
- Plan, organize, prioritize, and direct departmental facility maintenance and repair activities and conduct inspections of departmental facilities
- Manage the Preventive Maintenance (PM) program, ensuring all repairs are logged and accurate records of work completed are maintained, and ensure PM work orders are closed on a timely basis
- Plans, organizes and controls functions and activities of space planning.
- Plans, coordinates and monitors the renovation and modification of existing facilities, or construction and development of new facilities.
- Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners and direct reports.
- Provide a safe operating environment by complying to all essential statutory and cooperate requirement to protect our employee, equipment and the environment.
- Ensure all activities are carried out according to site EHS procedures; and in comply with global EHS procedures/standards.
- Degree / Diploma in Engineering (Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical or Industrial)
- Extensive experience in operation & maintenance of utility system or related field from Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnology, Medical Devices or Petrochemical industries.
- Demonstrated an understanding of cGMPs and operation of a biotech/pharmaceutical manufacturing plant.
- Demonstrated an understanding of change controls, deviations, and CAPA programs.
- Adequate experience in management or leadership role with direct people management experience.
- Demonstrated experience with root cause analysis/CAPA training, and contract negotiations.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.