Business Development Manager - Nutrition
Business Development Manager - Nutrition
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The key objective of the role is to focus on coordinating projects and building the networks and relationships that opens up growth opportunities and creates value for the customer and Lonza CHI. Strong Business Development skills will enable working with customers to ensure the successful development of new capsule or ingredients programs and growth initiatives. At times, the role might also require troubleshooting when needed and the energy and responsiveness to rapidly resolve issues as they arise while always keeping customer’s satisfaction at the highest. A technical background in Chemistry or Pharmaceutical technologies is preferred, as well as a good knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry and regulatory in the targeted territories.
- Identifies and evaluates business opportunities to grow CHI share in marketplace (pharma / nutrition).
- Works closely with divisional and regional business leaders in order to identify and select strategic business opportunities and to define effective plans to secure growth for CHI’ by targeting Ingredients, traditional hard capsule needs, new dosage form solutions, looking for ways to develop business at marketing, pharma, consumer health care and other non-traditional hard capsule companies.
- Assist in analyzing CHI’ market to identify strategic opportunities designed to enhance the overall business.
- Coordinate assigned cross functional projects between Sales/NPD/R&D/Operations with the objective to grow the business.
- Responsible for establishing the market evaluation positioning and introduction of new products, services, and technologies in the region.
- Responsible for generating new business & expansion of the customer base through direct customer visits
- Must be able to generate and close new business opportunities by promoting current technologies and emerging technologies as they become available
- Makes presentations and implements development projects at (specify customers, sets in place the required project plans and executes the plan and closes new business
- Attend trade shows and conventions to represent Capsugel and support Marketing efforts
- Provides timely customer support and defines and interfaces with internal resources, when necessary.
- Works with CHI marketing, sales and product development to develop strategies that ensures CHI’s position as a multi products solution provider for customers’ existing products and new product introductions.
- Acts in accordance with company guidelines and in accordance with EHS and Quality policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in sciences, Pharmaceutical & chemistry and a postgraduate qualification in Business, or Technical field is a must.
- MBA or Advanced degree is a valuable asset preferred.
- At least 10 years of Strategic Business Planning, including Sales, Product Development, Marketing and Business Development experience.
- Must have project management experience in developing and implementing the introduction of new lines of products or new technologies to the marketplace, and be able to manage the project to conclusion with a results oriented focus.
- Knowledge of Nutrition and Pharmaceutical products life cycles is required.
- Experience in identifying market trends and establishing action plans that capitalize on those trends.
- Advanced English level is mandatory.
- Advanced Spanish Preferred.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.