Senior Biotechnologist- Inoculum
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
An opportunity has arisen in our global Manufacturing Plant at the center of excellence in Slough. We are currently looking to recruit a Senior Biotechnologist to join our Inoculum project on a full time basis.
To create and maintain inoculum cell culture of mammalian cell lines within a cGMP clean room environment. Inoculum cell cultures the starting material for the manufacture of clinical product at Lonza Biologics Slough.
The role will require the operator to be qualified in aseptic operations which includes cell revival, subculture and pooling cultures for inoculuation into the next step.
The role will be laboratory based, 7.5 hour per day on a shift pattern, which includes working every other weekend and a fixed day off in the week.
- Maintenance of cell cultures to GMP using aseptic technique with accurate completion of batch records and log books.
- Supervisory review of documents (batch records and log books) and ensuring documents, equipment and materials are available for the next day.
- Manage laboratory equipment, facility and consumables. Coordination with relevant departments. Responsible for a lab area.
- Stock solution and medium preparation, followed by aseptic filtration.
- Deliver on-job training and perform operator qualifications
- Maintain GMP training
- BSc in Life Sciences Qualified
- Previous experience within Pharmaceutical Industry or Cell culture experience required
- Hands on experience within: Cell Culture, Asceptic Technique and GMP Knowledge
- Manufacturing or Production experience is required
Should you wish to apply for this role, please submit your CV and a cover note detailing why you would like to work within Manufacturing.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.