At Lonza Specialty Ingredients (LSI), we combine technological innovation with world-class manufacturing and regulatory excellence. We are a leader in Microbial Control Solutions and chemical technologies used in various applications including hygiene and home care. Today, these solutions are more critical than ever to maintain the hygiene and safety of hospitals, homes, schools, and offices across the world. Our Specialty Chemical Services business provides composite materials for technically demanding industries and performance intermediates & chemicals. Our Custom development and manufacturing team has already brought more than 1,000 unique solutions to life for their customers.
We are a highly dynamic group of 3,000 employees in more than 21 countries around the world. For us, performance, collaboration, passion and care are fundamentals. Are YOU someone who CARES about finding unique solutions for customers, who is PASSIONATE about making a difference? We are looking for talent who embrace COLLABORATION and are motivated by a PERFORMANCE culture.
LSI is looking for an Intern to support Quality, R&D and Production in Williamsport, PA.
Be open and willing to learn the skills necessary to assist in completing the project(s) assigned.
· Be willing to execute the job while following instruction and necessary guidelines for working in a controlled manufacturing environment.
· Biology, Chemistry or other related education, work experience or training is a plus!
· Work with R&D, Quality, Production and other departments to ensure project is completed to appropriate quality standards.
· Perform any other tasks required as necessary
· Strong attention to detail, ability to prevent and catch errors
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong reading comprehension and proof-reading skills
· Strong organizational skills
· Ability to handle and prioritize multiple assignments, changing priorities and meet deadlines
· Team and customer oriented
· Proactive, ability to understand instructions and execute without supervision
· Biology, Chemistry or related education, work or professional experience
· Knowledgeable of GMP's is a plus
A major part of the heritage of LSI is being able to deliver unique solutions to our customers. Being the driving force behind this approach – listening, asking, understanding to match the right elements in a new way has been an inherent part of our day-to-day business. Always with the goal to enable a competitive advantage for each customer with a specific product, package or solution. What makes YOU different?
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.