Biotechnologist - Incolum (Part Time)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
An opportunity has arisen in our global Manufacturing Plant at the center of excellence in Slough. We are currently looking to recruit Biotechnologists to join our Inoculum project on a part time basis.
To create and maintain inoculum cell culture of mammalian cell lines within a cGMP clean room environment. Inoculum cell cultures the starting material for the manufacture of clinical product at Lonza Biologics Slough.
The role will require the operator to be qualified in aseptic operations which includes cell revival, subculture and pooling cultures for inoculuation into the next step.
This position is working 20 hours a week including half a day on Friday and full working days on Saturday and Sunday.
- Maintenance of cell cultures to GMP using aseptic technique with accurate completion of batch records and log books.
- Cell counting, environmental monitoring and aseptic activities.
- Routine Laboratory maintenance (equipment checks, stores, cleaning).
- Stock solution and medium preperation, followed by aseptic filtration.
- Maintain up-to-date cGMP and safety trainings
- BSc in Life Sciences a advantage.
- Previous Aseptic experience is high desirable
- Manufacturing or Production experience is desirable
- Working understanding of GMP regulations are desirable.
We are open to viewing profiles of individuals who have little to strong hands on industry experience whatever the industry.
Should you wish to apply for this role, please submit your CV and a cover note detailing why you would like to work within Manufacturing.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.