Plant Engineering Summer Internship
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The systems engineering intern supports ongoing Lonza operations through technical assistance as it relates to the manufacturing and process systems. This intern will provide a technical resource to Engineering for small projects to ensure that equipment and facilities are designed and operating to meet production needs.
- Performs all work safely and meets the requisite training requirements.
- Develop technical knowledge for supporting systems supporting GMP manufacturing and automation systems.
- Support resolution of system or infrastructure issues.
- Conduct troubleshooting and technical analyses on manufacturing systems using data analyses and tools available.
- Assist with performing and suggesting revisions to preventative maintenance plans.
- Perform system backups or backup responsibilities.
- Assist with the planning and execution of application upgrades
- Assist with the execution of testing protocols with support and guidance from the supervisor and team members.
- Assist with completion of CAPA actions.
- Review system design specifications and standard operating procedures and propose any
- Support the revision and verification of network drawings
- At a minimum, completion of sophomore year (typically 60 credits).
- Must working towards a BS or MS a degree in an Computer Science, Data Analytics or related program of study.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (out of 4) required.
- Must be able to begin Monday May 24, 2021 or June 7, 2021 and complete the internship role, which will end on Friday August 6, 2021.
Our Lonza Portsmouth site is a clinical-to-commercial, multi-product manufacturing facility located in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, only 56 miles north of Boston, Massachusetts. The site, which employs over 1,000 employees, is a custom manufacturer of therapeutic monoclonal antibodies and recombinant proteins using mammalian cell culture.
We offer an onsite cafeteria, unlimited coffee (hot, iced and lattes), as well as a delicious outdoor grill in the summer. The city of Portsmouth is a quintessential New England seaport town, home to many restaurants, breweries, museums, and theaters. The ocean and mountains are nearby and we have major cities close by (Boston, Portland, and Manchester).
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.