Shift Leader - Manufacturing / Operations
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Pharma & Biotech is currently looking for a Shift Leader to join their team in Bend, OR. The role of the Shift Leader is to build and develop a team that is able to successfully execute and achieve results aligned with customer and business expectations in GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) commercial manufacturing operations. This is a great opportunity to lead a team that produces life-saving and life enhancing pharmaceuticals. This position offers an opportunity for continued advancement as a leader.
Shift Leaders are responsible for fostering a work environment that is safe, positive and inspires excellence. Shift Leaders must be present and engaging on the floor; reinforcing values and promoting the transfer of knowledge through coaching, immediate feedback and sharing of experiences. Shift Leaders must lead by example; embedding values of safety, quality, compliance and integrity into their teams in order to impart a sense of ownership and pride across all levels.
NOTE: This is a night shift position. Applicant must be willing to work nights.
- Manage the scheduling of the manufacturing floor and document deliverables
- Actively participate in maintaining of manufacturing metrics
- Supervise GMP production activities including routine cleaning, execution of GMP manufacturing, and equipment preparation activities
- Provide guidance to operations personnel on training and GMP execution activities
- Review and approve logbooks associated with GMP production area and activities
- Review and approve routine cleaning documents
- Read, write, and understand Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Prepare, review, and approve pre-executed Master Batch Records (MBR’s)
- Execute as a Sr. Operator during manufacture of GMP material, as necessary
- Prepare, review, and approve validation documents for processing equipment
- Assist in equipment and process qualifications within the facility
- Prepare process equipment for periodic review documents
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma/GED
- Experience in pharmaceutical industry preferred with emphasis in spray drying or other solid dosage manufacturing experience highly desirable
- Strong GMP or solid dosage experience is highly desired
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required
- Problem solving, prioritizing, & ability to multi-task
- Must be able to work nights
- May be required to push, pull, lift or move items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Climb up and down ladders
- Stand during most of shift
- Wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) for handling hazardous materials
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.