Cell Culture Technician
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently recruiting for a Lab Technician to join our team of experts in Cell Culture. The role of the technician is to support in the laboratory with practical routine tasks to a high standard and good attention to detail using basic analytical or scientific methods. Work is performed according to protocol in compliance with rules and procedures. The individual maintains their training and skills to effectively carry out their duties and has a track-record of learning additional skills.
- Preparation of simple buffers and media
- Preparation and cleaning of bioreactors
- Strip cleaning of BSCs, basic cell culture
- Input to drafting of documentation/SOPs
- Daily calibrations of lab equipment
- Maintenance of stock levels of raw materials and consumables, inventory of freezers and dewars
- Standard work: Completion of timesheets, maintenance of LSO profile.
- Relevant GCSEs / A levels / NVQs - Science, Maths & English
- Experience in laboratory or other team based work environment
- Experience of Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference