Product Implementation Specialist (m/w/d)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
To strengthen the Product Implementation team for our MODA solution, we are currently looking for a Product Implementation Specialist responsible for presenting, demonstrating and implementing our products to the customer as well as troubleshooting issues on–site and via telephone. The position is home office based and entails up to 50% of travelling.
- Prepare and present technical seminars and on-site user training programs. Prepare and update technical presentations.
- Facilitate Core Team Training and Configuration Activities; assure that operational data, configurations, test methods and reports meet client requirements.
- Participate in weekly client and internal meetings.
- Facilitate client End User and Administrative training.
- Provide support to current and future customers via on-site visits, phone and email.
- Assist with configuration and development of customer applications.
- Provide support to clients and resolve software and related hardware issues in a timely manner based on support contract identified timelines. The majority of this is executed via email and phone, however remote sessions (using a variety of programs) and occasional hardware shipping is required.
- Assist in writing/updating documentation.
- Provide and communicate explanations to the customer in a timely, effective, and professional manner as required.
- The candidate may have a core background in either QC Microbiology or Laboratory IT Systems, with complementary skills in the other:
- QC Microbiology Skillsets:
- >3 years’ experience in Quality Control microbiology or related industry.
- BS in Biology, Microbiology, other life science field of study, Chemistry or related field with fundamental knowledge of microbiology and biochemistry.
- (Complementary) Core Computer IT Skills and capability to learn advanced IT skills, with Beginner to Intermediate knowledge of one or more of the following:
- SQL Server
- Windows Server
- Crystal Reports
- Windows 7/8/10 (power user or admin)
- Software/Testing Lifecycle
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Laboratory IT Systems Skillsets:
- >3 years’ experience implementing software systems and performing tasks in a regulated laboratory or pharmaceutical production environments (or software engineering experience).
- QC Microbiology Skillsets:
- BS in Computer Science or other IT field of study.
- Background in implementing or software engineering for quality control systems (ex.- environmental, final release, and/or in-process control).
- Previous experience in one or more common LIMS or other lab software packages, such as:
- Labvantage SQL*LIMS
- Labvantage Sapphire LIMS
- ThermoFisher Sample Manager
- Novatek NOVA LIMS
- Velquest SmartLab
- Waters Empower
- Labtronics Nexxis ELN
- (Complementary) Core scientific knowledge or equivalent life sciences industry experience in biology, microbiology or chemistry with capability to learn more.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent client consulting skills.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks/project simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.