Senior Manager, Sales Account Management
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Senior Manager, Sales Account Management will proactively manage customer relationships, prospect for new opportunities and deliver year on year revenue and pipeline targets to support delivery of Lonza Chemistry Division growth targets. Maintain a thorough understanding of the customer's business and act as the customer advocate internally to cultivate and maintain positive customer relationships. Target potential growth opportunities, consistent with Lonza capabilities, and develop value propositions and actions plans to increase the project portfolio and licensing opportunities. Support as necessary management of technology specific opportunities in collaboration with Sales Colleagues in need of Clinical Supply Services technical expertise to deliver growth of account sales revenues.
- Build and sustain strong customer relationships to support the development, execution, and delivery of BU strategies and tactical business goals
- Work with sales team to target potential growth opportunities, consistent with Lonza capability and develop value proposition's and actions planes to increase the project portfolio
- Actively engage with BU commercial development to align and manage sales pipelines to secure new customers / new projects and grow the overall account portfolio
- Support as necessary management of specific strategic and key account opportunities to deliver growth of strategic and key account sales revenues
- Act as a point of escalation and business support to the BU and sales teams to facilitate creative resolution of significant obstacles to positive customer relationships and securing business
- Facilitate sales team development through involvement with recruitment, coaching, mentoring and training to increase the capability of the sales team
- Bachelors and / or Masters degree in life sciences disciplines
- Advanced years experience in sales management for CMO
- Demonstrated negotiation and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven leadership skills.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.