MSAT Group Leader
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
MSAT Principal Group Leader is responsible for leading a small group of professionals whose major responsibility is process transfer and manufacturing support for GMP and Pilot processes; this management includes ensuring work is carried out against time, quality and safety goals, authoring / revising MSAT SOPs and policies and providing coaching and development.
- Performs all functions associated with managing a small group in the MSAT department, including ensuring work is carried out safely, on-schedule and within quality standards.
- Develops, coaches and mentors’ direct reports according to their needs.
- Provides a safe, controlled work environment in all areas of responsibility while being aware of the site safety objectives and making sure these are communicated and understood by all staff.
- Provides technical guidance to subordinates and aids in issue resolution.
- Reviews process changes and assesses change controls for impact of process / equipment or procedural changes that can affect both process performance and product quality.
- Assesses all major deviations including those that impact product quality as well as post lot release deviations that may impact multiple products.
- Performs process fit assessments for new processes. Authors and revises MSAT SOPs and policies. Supports documentation preparation for regulatory purposes.
- Follows all training and policy guidelines established for the facility as well as all cGMP requirements.
- Ensures employee training profile is up to date at all times by regular monitoring of training lists (e.g. Compliance, SAP Learning Portal) and completing all training in a timely fashion.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Strong technical writing and spoken communication skills
- Biologics process understanding
- Ability to think logically and investigate and solve problems in a clear concise manner.
- Experience managing direct reports
- Biotechnology manufacturing background is preferred
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievement themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.