Microbiology Manager, H&P
Microbiology Manager, EMEA
At Lonza Specialty Ingredients (LSI), we combine technological innovation with world-class manufacturing and regulatory excellence. We are a leader in Microbial Control Solutions and chemical technologies used in various applications including hygiene and home care. Today, these solutions are more critical than ever to maintain the hygiene and safety of hospitals, homes, schools, and offices across the world. Our Speciality Chemical Services business provides composite materials for technically demanding industries and performance intermediates & chemicals. Our custom development and manufacturing team has already brought more than 1,000 unique solutions to life for their customers.
We are a highly dynamic group of 3,000 employees in more than 25 countries around the world. For us, performance, collaboration, passion and care are fundamentals. Are YOU someone who CARES about finding unique solutions for customers, who is PASSIONATE about making a difference? We are looking for talent who embrace COLLABORATION and are motivated by a PERFORMANCE culture.
LSI is looking for a Microbiology Manager supporting our Hygiene and Home & Personal Care business unit located in Blackley.
As the successful candidate you will play a vital role as part of our Research & Development team. You will be responsible for defining and delivering the microbiology programme supporting the above market fields for our EMEA region. You will have overall management of the Microbiology Laboratory, including product development for the active innovation projects and business development projects aligned to sales growth targets.
- You will manage, develop and coach a team of research microbiologists, ensuring Individual Development Plans are in place to support employee growth in line with business deliverables
- You will define and deliver specific microbiology programs to underpin the maintenance and defense of existing portfolio of products
- You will take the lead and drive delivery of specific work packages to provide microbiology application expertise to business development projects, working closely with internal and external stakeholders
- Holding a highly visible professional profile for the organisation, you will actively participate in industry organisations, technical societies and customer interactions, by attending and participating at appropriate national / international meetings and trade shows
- You will be responsible for ensuring full compliance of yourself and your team within the lab, ensuring activities remain compliant with corporate and local EHS (COSHH) and quality requirements
- You will have a BSc or equivalent professional experience in Microbiology
- Your expertise will have been gained in relevant industry and preferably with Hygiene & Preservation or Home & Personal care focus
- You will have demonstrable experience of application testing and new product development
- You will have the ability to challenge the status quo and identify and implement innovative solutions which meet business needs
- Your leadership and people management skills will engage, foster and encourage collaboration, striving to develop your team in every aspect of their contribution, demonstrating a high degree of professional integrity
- Results driven you will be able to translate business needs of our matrix organisation, into challenging and achievable KPIs for yourself and your team, proactively sharing in successes
A major part of the heritage of LSI is being able to deliver unique solutions to our customers. Being the driving force behind this approach – listening, asking, understanding to match the right elements in a new way has been an inherent part of our day-to-day business. Always with the goal to enable a competitive advantage for each customer with a specific product, package or solution. What makes YOU different?
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.