Operational buyer direct
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Guangzhou Nansha Ltd was established in April 2003, expanding Lonza’s global presence for chemical manufacturing and life science ingredients.
Operational Buyer Direct, will proactively manage the performance of raw material suppliers, to ensure the Material Requirement Plan can be realized. Ensure relevant Procurement Master Data is available and maintained in SAP so the Material Requirements Plan (MRP) can be calculated reliably and the PO creation process can be as effective as possible. Support the category manager and strategic buyers to implement their supply strategies. Cooperate closely with Accounts Payable to resolve invoice queries.
- Monitor & track supplier performance and feedback to strategic buyers and/or category managers
- Support the implementation of supplier changes and other initiatives led by Central Category managers and Site Strategic Buyers
- Collaborate with the broader procurement team to ensure all relevant material & vendor master data and outline agreements are available in SAP and are up to date
- Manage all Level 2 vendor escalations, including but not limited to:
- Expediting delivery confirmation dates that don’t meet our MRP and production needs
- MRP driven delivery date “Push Out” or “Pull In”
- Late or missing PO confirmations
- Pricing Discrepancies
- Delivery and Shipping related issues and inquiries
- Manage Vendor performance, driving improvements on time delivery, quality conformance, and other compliance issues
- Manage and resolve Vendor Returns (RMA, Cost Recovery, Replacements)
- Perform regular open order review meeting with Vendors
- Manage AP Inquiries (Invoice issues, etc..)
- Support internal cross-functional stakeholders to onboard and approve new raw materials and supplier
- Manage competitive bid process (per applicable policy) and/or execute RFx market interventions
- Support Strategic buyers in negotiating low value contracts with suppliers
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree majoring in business, economics, engineering, procurement or supply chain engineering.
- Experience in the API, Chemical or pharmaceutical business
- Experience and knowledge of both Operational Procurement and Purchasing of Direct (Raw Materials) (e.g. Purchase Requisition to Purchase Order Process).
- Experience managing and improving the performance of suppliers delivering in china and suppliers delivering from China to Europe; Experience of managing suppliers and carrying out low value negotiations.
- Good knowledge of SAP
- Fluent in Chinese and English
- Experience working in an international context (European in particular)
- Able to prioritize and deal with pressure
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.