Business Development Manager, Cell & Gene Therapy
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Business Development Manager, Cell & Gene Therapy will be responsible for increasing sales (revenue and profit) by actively selling end to end solutions (e.g. Primary Cells, Bioprocessing Media, Culture Media & LV GMP Nucleofectors, etc.) to assigned existing and new cell and gene therapy customers in a designated territory. Provides tier 1 field technical support for the entire range of applicable products, but with respect to nucleofection & primary cells able to call upon tier 2 support from Discovery Product Specialists when needed. Gathers and communicates information on market trends and applications as well as on competitive activities. Works in close conjunction with both the CDMO Cell and Gene Therapies and the Personalized Medicine Commercial Organizations as needed. This individual will be remote based in the Northeast (USA).
- Achieve sales targets by increasing product sales to existing and potential Cell and Gene Therapy (and selected academic) customers in a designated territory
- Manage all sales activities in a designated territory. Proactively manage the sales cycle in a designated territory
- Develop tactical action account plans to increase sales to reach budgeted sales objectives
- Develop and manage call plans for direct selling activities to accounts
- Manage all business aspects for accounts related to designated end to end solution sales, including complaint handling, forecasting and managing internal company business or conflicts to support account needs
- Assess sales potential in order to achieve specific territory sales targets
- Create effective end to end solutions by presenting the appropriate combination of products and their respective technical features and benefits to all potential customers within the territory
- Work extensively in conjunction with CDMO C> KAMs and Permed BD personal in order to find and win new business opportunities
- Gather and communicate information on market trends and applications as well as on competitive activities to Senior Management, C> Segment Marketing and R&D
- Maintain accurate customer data in CRM
- Follow up on leads and opportunities in a timely fashion.
- Prepare and submit to management timely and accurate reports that provide information regarding sales, therapy and or molecule capture, market activity & current status of any/all accounts
- Accurately report financial forecast information for the designated territory on a regular and annual basis
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor`s degree Life Science, Cell Biology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry
- Significant sales experience in the Bioscience industry, Cell & Gene Therapy segment, and academic sales experience
- Knowledge and experience with Cell & Gene Therapy end to end processes, including cellular biology processes, transfection technology, cell culture, microbiology and molecular biology or Cell & Gene Therapy laboratory and/or viral vector and CGMP manufacturing, preferred
- Core selling skills, including creating customer value, negotiation and closing, consultative selling, and effective sales presentation
- Computer software skills including Microsoft Office, maintaining CRM database, spreadsheet creation and maintenance skills, filing, organization, record keeping and planning skills, ability to manage multiple projects, time management skills
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) with ability to articulate key technical concepts, as well as active listening skills
- Customer focused, Results driven, Business acumen
- Collaboration, Leadership
- Independent, Self-motivated, Reliable
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.