Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza in Tampa, FL is searching for an experienced Research Chemist II. As our Research Chemist, you will be performing technically difficult scientific experiments for site projects. This role works cross functionally within Lonza to provide analytical and technical support using your expertise.
- Planning and executing scientific assignments and problem solving techniques to support projects in Product Development.
- Demonstrates scientific/technical accountability for assignment completion at project level.
- Expertise in analytical instrumentation.
- Collects, summarizes and analyzes scientific data to prepare reports and make presentations, as appropriate, to disseminate best practice throughout the function.
- Authors and reviews study protocols, reports, SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) and other internal guidance documents.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry and substantial related work experience, or Graduate degree in Chemistry and significant related experience.
- Significant experience with product development in a CMO GMP industry.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a highly collaborative, team oriented, customer focused environment.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary, research and manufacturing environment.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.