Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza’s Tampa, FL location is searching for an experienced Manufacturing Science and Technology (MSAT) Manager to join our amazing Manufacturing team. As our MSAT Manager, your primary responsibility is to be the process owner and primary technical Subject Matter Expert for the site on master batch records, tech transfers, process validations, and continued process verification activities. Tampa is a growing site and this is a great opportunity for an experienced MSAT professional wanting to take that next challenge on.
- Performs all MSAT functions associated with process transfer and process support.
- Perform process monitoring (manufacturing data summary and analysis, data presentation), author campaign summary, perform activities for lot release (assess deviations and process changes), and continued process verification activities.
- Provide guidance on process transfer and support activities to junior members of the team.
- Assess all major deviations for impact product quality.
- Authors / present training presentations to manufacturing and other departments.
- Effectively work with other departments and interface with customers.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Biological Sciences or Biomedical/Chemical Engineering. Masters of Science or Engineering or PhD highly preferred.
- Extensive industry experience in process scale up/manufacturing and process validation.
- Experience with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and manufacturing support (Oral Solid Dose)
- US/EU regulations and intermediate knowledge of statistical data analysis
- Effectively presents information and ideas formally and informally, verbally and in writing to others in a manner that facilitates understanding.
- Able to concisely communicate status, needs, forecasts, risks and timelines effectively to senior management
- Excellent attention to detail, with ability to prioritize and be flexible in managing change, anticipating and resolving complex technical and business problems with ability to positively impact customer relationships and external technical network
- Displays a clear willingness to listen to others. Has good interpersonal skills and works collaboratively in an effective manner to achieve objectives.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.