Senior Sales Account Manager (Small Molecules)
United Kingdom, Slough
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Here at Lonza, we have an amazing opportunity for an experienced Sales Account Manager to join our very successful sales team.
The Account Manager will proactively manage customer relationships, and deliver year on year revenue and pipeline targets to support delivery of Lonza's growth ambitions across Lonza Small Molecule technologies portfolio.
The role covers management of two global pharma accounts, and 5-6 regional accounts.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the customer's business and organization. Act as the customer advocate internally to cultivate and maintain positive customer relationships at different levels of the organization.
- Target potential growth opportunities, consistent with Lonza's capabilities, across customer organization, and develop value propositions and actions plans to increase the project portfolio and licensing opportunities.
- Support as necessary management of technology specific opportunities to deliver growth of the account sales revenues.
- Act as the customer advocate and leverage internal team expertise to resolve problems and follow through on commitments. Elevate critical issues to the appropriate management level for removal of organisational barriers to resolve customer problems.
- Build and sustain a deep knowledge of Lonza's offerings (including licensing) , in relation to key competitors, to ensure Lonza's value proposition is strongly communicated and understood.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences / Drug Formulation or Life Science discipline.
- Proven selling experience in pharma industry.
- Good command of English, written and verbal.
- Demonstrated negotiation and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Creative, adaptable, capable of self-motivation and independence.
- Customer facing attitude. The ability to build relationships based on trust and long term commitment. Strong gravitas.
- Leadership skills.
- Experience of working in / and / or leading teams.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference