IT Solutions Architect
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
This role reports to Head of Compliance Apps in Switzerland & serves as a technical expert across the Infrastructure field. As a member of the Infrastructure team, based in Singapore, the role provides support across the region and the APAC sites.
The role is broadly split between providing day to day operational third-level support for existing infrastructure services, and project based work leading to the development and deployment of new or upgraded infrastructure services. The Documentation associated with Change Management, System Documentation and Standard Operating Procedures is also be a key feature of this role.
- Responsible for the IT infrastructure at the sites – Maintain and support local infrastructure systems for APAC sites (servers, storage and network systems); ensuring proper documentation of assets, change control process is being followed and operating procedures are in place. The technical environment in scope includes:
- Nutanix AHV
- VWMare virtual hosts
- Windows-based physical and virtual servers
- HP ProLiant Servers
- Cisco Local Area network and WIFI
- Responsible for IT server rooms – Maintain local IT server rooms at the sites; this includes authority for access control to server rooms and operating conditions
- SPOC between infrastructure service providers and remaining IT organization – Single Point of Contact for any IT technical infrastructure related topics at the site for external IT service providers and central infrastructure team which provide governance and definition of standards.
- Technical Disaster Recovery – Responsible for development and periodic testing of the technical disaster recovery plan for the site. Responsibilities in this area also include periodic plan refreshes as changes occur in the business or IT service provisioning landscape
- Infrastructure Life Cycle Management – Responsible for life cycle management of IT infrastructure required for business operations conducted at the site. The process includes maintaining an inventory of IT assets and managing risks associated with aging components. A critical part of this process is developing and sponsoring annual capital projects for equipment requiring upgrades.
- Look at improvements & enhancements to infrastructure systems that will ultimately provide more efficient services to the business
- Update and maintain documentation associated to the network infrastructure and provide audit feedback when required
- Provide IT project management for site related projects (Network upgrades, Cabling, Office moves, Site Development and changes)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Substantial experience in technical environment in scope Nutanix AHV, VWMare virtual hosts, Windows-based physical and virtual servers
- University Bachelor degree or equivalent knowledge through experience
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieve ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.