Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is actively seeking a Tax Analyst to join our team in Morristown, NJ. The primary responsibilities of this role are to:
- prepare the Federal, State and local tax returns of Lonza US entities as assigned by Lonza US tax compliance director
- prepare tax extensions and estimates
- assist US Lonza tax compliance director with state tax audits
- be the point of contact of Lonza US tax department for Sales & Use Tax process, including tax audits
- perform research and analysis of tax topics/question as assigned by Lonza US tax compliance director
- assist with various tax projects as assigned
- Timely preparation of assigned federal, state, local tax returns for Lonza US group in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Collect, analyze, and format financial information, work with Lonza US finance and accounting departments to gather information needed to complete all required tax forms/reports to be reviewed by Lonza US tax compliance director. Comply with and meet internal deadlines for the completion of tax returns.
- Manage the tax software to be used to prepare all federal and state tax returns for Lonza US entities; completion of the OneSource Masters course within 2 years.
- Preparation of estimated tax and extension payment calculations to minimize excess tax payments and liaising with Lonza US Treasury department and the Lonza Shared Service Center to pre-inform on the payments amount expected and to be executed.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops or classes; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Assist with responding to the various tax notices and exams in alignment with by Lonza US tax compliance director.
- Assist with gathering and documenting pertinent information during the tax returns process to support amounts that might be questioned in the future under audit.
- Be the point of the point of contact of Lonza US tax department for Sales & Use Tax process: ensure that control is achieved over the process and respond to questions for Lonza Shared Service Center, Finance etc.
- Responsible for FATCA Compliance and maintaining W-8BENE forms and W-9 forms for all units within and out of the US.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Accounting); Master’s Degree (preferably in Taxation) is desired
- Working experience focused on US corporation tax compliance
- Working experience in public accounting firms or within industry’s tax department (manufacturing, pharma would be a plus)
- This position gathers and organizes large amounts of highly technical and specialized information from numerous sources. Often there will be overlapping and competing projects and deadlines.
- This position interfaces with Lonza Tax function colleagues in US, accounting/finance departments throughout Lonza US, and outside agencies.
- Time, process management and flexibility are key factors in this position.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.