Senior Scientist, Analytical Services - Product Stability
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is looking to add some sparks to our Development Services team at the Singapore site. The Development Services team are responsible for the development and characterization of mammalian cell culture processes used for the production of novel therapeutic recombinant proteins for Lonza’s global client base. We have a number of positions available for candidates ranging from five or more years of experience.
You will join the Product Stability team and responsible for analytical testing and managing scientific projects in the Product Stability team ensuring that the projects are delivered in a timely and efficient manner.
- Designing Stability, Forced Degradation studies per relevant cGMP policies and regulatory guidelines.
- Perform laboratory work with methods used for product stability analyses such as icIEF, CE-SDS, HPLC (SEC, HIC, CEX), Activity (ELISA, Biacore) and product characteristics and data analysis with specialist instrument software e.g Empower, Softmax Pro.
- Collate, analyze and interpret data to communicate progress and escalate challenges to Line Manager, project teams and customers as appropriate.
- Review and approve GMP documentation e.g. SOPs, protocols and reports, regulatory as required
- Leading problem solving investigations and supports OOS/Aberrant result investigations as required.
- Provide leadership to junior team members through their expert scientific knowledge.
- Manage multiple studies and discuss data changes/discrepancies (through both written reports and verbal presentations).
- Deliver high quality communication to ensure an outstanding customer experience (written reports, teleconferences and face to face meetings).
- Lead improvement projects and driving new innovations within the analytical function.
- Facilitate communication between other departments in Singapore and across the global Lonza network (e.g. Development/MSAT/QC/QA/Program Management) relevant to area of expertise.
- Demonstrate flexibility to support other activities within the Analytical Services department.
- Degree in a relevant Science field or Equivalent
- Positions available would be suitable for candidates ranging from those with 5 or more years of relevant experience, including candidates with a PhD.
- Practical laboratory experience in analytical testing development for antibodies or other recombinant proteins would be advantageous although training will be provided if applicable.
- The Analytical Development roles may suit a candidate with prior experience in a cGMP / QC laboratory.
- The final role offered will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience.
- Understanding of theory and application of recombinant protein production, purification and analysis
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent team working skills
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.