Senior Packaging Engineer
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza’s Tampa, FL location is searching for an experienced Pharmaceutical Sr. Packaging Engineer to join our Packaging team. As our Sr. Packaging Engineer, you will be responsible for maintaining existing products and developing innovative packaging solutions and implementing equipment for advancement across multiple technologies. The position will provide project management for packaging led projects and ensure proper documentation, industry compliance and testing results are generated. In addition, this position will support optimization initiatives by researching new package materials, forms, equipment and processes.
- Lead process, product and device improvements, create data packages by justifying recommendations for improvements in production processes and collaborate with technical staff to implement process technology initiatives.
- Author protocols for process and packaging qualifications, execute engineering studies in partnership with Operations Departments and write Technical reports.
- Create and revise component specifications. Work cross functionally with Vendors, Supplier Quality, Procurement and Manufacturing partners to improve components functionality and quality and to resolve component issues and changes originating from the Vendor.
- Provide technical leadership in investigations to determine root cause and implement appropriate corrective and preventive actions.
- Develop process flow diagrams for illustrating critical process and material flow.
- Execute engineering trials and writes technical reports summarizing engineering trial results, generating necessary data to support packaging product impact assessments during discrepancies and investigations.
- Evaluate new materials and primary and secondary packaging components.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, Material Science or related discipline; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Significant experience working with Single Use Systems and Primary Packaging.
- Significant GMP Manufacturing experience.
- Statistical Analysis for process monitoring such as Control Charts, Process Capabilities (CpK).
- Critical thinking ability.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) with ability to influence people and outcomes.
- Self-starter with ability to work in a deadline driven environment.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.