Senior Principal Scientist - Bioanalytics
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Would you like to join our global business where we invest in great people?
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Principal Scientist - Bioassay to join our team of experts in Analytical Services. The Senior Principal Scientist will head major or complex work/projects simultaneously; ensuring scientific objective and timelines are met and provides leadership to junior team members through their expert scientific knowledge
Reporting to the Head of Bioanalytics, this role is pivotal in providing strong scientific leadership in the development and validation of Bioanalytical methods used to analyse therapeutic proteins manufactured by mammalian cell culture processes.
- To provide strong scientific leadership by championing new technologies and methods, whilst maintaining and improving existing technologies.
- To drive improvements to processes and offerings by challenging existing policies, guidelines and practices.
- To lead multi-disciplinary teams to achieve the objectives of major / complex projects.
- To review complex reports to ensure they are based on good science and present a high quality image of Lonza.
- To coach and mentor scientists at all stages of their careers in both technical and general leadership areas.
- PhD or BSc + additional years’ experience in a life science field.
- Advanced knowledge of analytical methods used to analyse potency/activity of protein products manufactured by mammalian cell culture processes, ELISA, SPR, FACs
- Expert knowledge of analytical method development
- Advanced knowledge of analytical method validation
- Advanced knowledge of glycoprotein biochemistry
- Advanced experience of the interpretation of analytical data from protein products generated throughout the mammalian cell culture manufacturing process
- Advanced knowledge of the relevant analytical regulatory requirements
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.