Scientist - Cell Culture (Bioreactor/Cell Lines)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are looking for a Scientist Cell Line/Bioreactor to join our team at our Manufacturing site in Slough, UK.
The successful candidate is a key member of the laboratory team who follows agreed experimental plans and timelines to deliver high quality execution of experimental work following all safety and quality procedures. They collaborate with peers in their own team and other teams to ensure that projects proceed as planned. They will identify and implement improvements to the standard ways of working, They work with more senior scientists to plan experimental work, identify issues and identify solutions.
- Input into the design of own projects
- Responsible for the execution and delivery of own projects (safety, quality, on time, right first time) including completion of project dashboards
- Escalate issues in a timely fashion (technical)
- Collate and critically analyse information and drive good quality, data driven decisions on own projects
- Operate as part of a cross-functional project team
- Completion and peer review of laboratory documentation
- Prepare and deliver draft presentations and reports for internal use and for Customers
- BSc or equivalent in a relevant scientific discipline
- Excellent experience in developing mammalian cell lines and processes.
- Excellent experience working with bioreactors
- Demonstrable performance and track record of success in the lab and project work
- Exhibits good scientific practices
- Prioritise and manage own time effectively
- Work independently to an agreed plan
- Problem solving attitude
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.