Virus Validation Scientist
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking to hire a Virus Validation Scientist to join our Purification Development team in Slough.
The Scientist is a key member of the laboratory team who follows agreed experimental plans and timelines to deliver high quality execution of experimental work following all safety and quality procedures. They collaborate with peers in their own team and other teams to ensure that projects proceed as planned. They will identify and implement improvements to the standard ways of working, They work with more senior scientists to plan experimental work, identify issues and identify solutions.
This is a great opportunity if you are looking to move into a primarily desk based role.
- Input into the design of own projects
- Responsible for the execution and delivery of own projects (safety, quality, on time, right first time) including completion of project dashboards
- Escalate issues in a timely fashion (technical)
- Collate and critically analyse information and drive good quality, data driven decisions on own projects
- Operate as part of a cross-functional project team
- Completion and peer review of laboratory documentation
- Prepare and deliver draft presentations and reports for internal use and for Customers
- Deliver practical training
- Actively participate in scientific discussions
- Develop an awareness of core project activities outside own area of expertise
What we need you to have:
- BSC Qualified
- Previous experience purification development
- Previous experience working within Virus an advantage.
- Working experience within a Laboratory
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.