Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Operations Analyst, Personalized Medicine is an experienced team member with the primary responsibilities of daily financial bookkeeping entries, Learning Management System (LMS) Training/ERP/Document Management System (DMS) platform support, SCAR/quality documentation tracking and follow ups.
The Operations Analyst supports operations and outsourced financial controlling activities and is an engaged team member who works in close partnership with Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Finance, and Quality functional areas to support business requirements, initiatives and goals.
Financial (approximately 50%)
- Generating and issuing customer sales invoices or issuing customer receipts.
- Deposit of customer payments and cash /checks to bank.
- Entering and posting cash receipt and deposit journals in accounting software
- Provide bank and credit card statements to outsource partner
- Collections calls and efforts
- Enter invoices into the accounting software with proper GL account allocation coding on timely basis. Invoices reconciliation 3 way matching
- Prepared and issue checks for approval and mail/courier to vendors
- Issue/execute credit card payments and provide credit card statements or other supporting documentation as necessary for outsource partner to reflect payments in accounting records
- Remit GST/HST payments to CRA
- Support Corporate BU Controller and outsource financial partner with period reporting
Backoffice Platform Support (approximately 50%)
- Support operations with administration, follow ups, and management of back office software platforms (LMS/DMS/ERP/Smartsheet(QMS))
- Supplier Corrective Action Requests(SCAR) documentation support
- Quality metric tracking, reporting and follow ups
- College Diploma in Accounting, Finance, Administration or IT; Bachelor’s degree (Business Administration) is preferred
- CPA, CGA Certification is a plus
- Working experience in Finance and Accounting, and Business Administration
- High attention to detail, systematic and superior organizational skills
- Very comfortable with enterprise software platforms and PC based applications
- Medium to high spreadsheet skills
- Cross-functional agility and hands-on can do mindset of excellence.
- Hyperion, SAP, Infor/Visual, PowerPoint, Excel, global integrated system. Knowledge of finance, accounting, cost control principles, and accounting standards
- Ability to be an “Ultimate Support Person”, bias towards action and results delivery which are critical in a highly performance oriented environment, hard worker, self-motivated and actively manage day to day delivery
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.