Analyst, Microbial lab
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is establishing a strategic biomanufacturing base in China using GE Healthcare Solutions. With the new facility, Lonza is responding to growing demand for a high-quality CDMO in the Chinese market.
As Analyst, Microbial lab, you need to prioritize and perform the various testing/analysis in timely manner, in order to support the business requirements. You also are responsible for analysis of bulk product, in-process, raw material or environmental samples according to Standard Operating Procedures and Test Methods.
- To prioritize and perform the various testing/analysis in timely manner, in order to support the business requirements.
- Analysis of bulk product, in-process, raw material or environmental samples according to Standard Operating Procedures and Test Methods.
- Documentation of results in accordance with current Good Manufacturing Practices
- Problem solving of analytical methods as well as troubleshooting of equipment.
- Involvement in method transfers and validation.
- Involved in equipment qualification and technical selection of quality control equipment and/or standards and reagents.
- Assay trend analysis, document revision and update.
- General lab support including housekeeping, equipment maintenance, inventory of supplies, lab supplies ordering, management of glass wares, autoclaving etc.
- Understanding and execution of intermediate and advanced microbiology techniques (bioburden, Limulus Amebocyte Lysate, plating and counting techniques, microbial identification, electromagnetic tests i.e. air sampling, surface viable sampling, total particulate sampling etc.). Collecting environmental monitoring samples from different areas of the facilities, generation of required trending and reporting information. Assist in process and/ or environmental microbiology related investigations as required.
- Any other duties as assigned by your Supervisor/Manager.
- College or above majoring in Microbiology or relevant subjects
- Practical working experience in microbial analysis in Pharma or biotech business
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Good communication skills with teamwork spirit
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.