Manufacturing Science and Technology Process Materials Scientist
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Cell and Gene Therapy Facility is the largest in the world and our facility is growing. We are looking for professionals to grow with us and we have this exciting opportunity the Viral Vector Therapy group https://www.lonza.com/viraltherapy The MSAT Process Materials Scientist is responsible for raw materials campaign activities readiness for all manufacturing processing are completed and properly managed within the set timelines. Serves as the primary face to the Supply Chain and Material Management representing MSAT.
Work in collaboration with MSAT SMEs, Manufacturing Operations, Supply Chain, Procurement, QA Materials and QC to:
- Generate and maintain Raw Material Lists (RMLs) for new and existing processes.
- Initiate MSAT new Part Numbers and Specification Updates and track workflow until completion ensuring timelines are met.
- Collaborate with SC to monitor MSAT materials lead times, procurement, ID testing, and release testing to ensure production readiness.
- Review production planning schedules ensuring accurate materials are planned to maintain schedule adherence.
- MSAT representative in Material Creation, Vendor Change Notification, Material Updates and Revision Meetings and other material related meetings.
- BSc or equivalent in a Biological Sciences related discipline
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience in SAP preferred
- Knowledge of raw materials and supply chain
- Experience working in a GMP environment
- Able to independently create use and maintain complex spreadsheets.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.