Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza in Tampa, FL is searching for a Manager, Formulations to join our amazing Tampa team! As our Manager, Formulations, you will oversee a diverse team in drug product development and analytical to progress our customers’ programs through various stages of the drug product life cycle. This will be a great opportunity to be part of a growing site in a global company!
- Provide technical direction, project assignment, and guidance to Formulations team/personnel.
- Advanced knowledge in unit operations (granulation, compression, encapsulation, coating) to facilitate drug product manufacturing at various scales.
- Resolve technical and administrative issues as they arise, as the leader or member of a team.
- Maintain technical expertise in formulation, process development, and process optimization of oral solid and inhalation drug products.
- Provide administrative management support including performance reviews, capacity utilization, career development, and resource acquisitions for a Formulations team.
- Prepare detailed scientific presentations for customers, colleagues, and management
- Participate in data reviews and customer discussions in routine project meetings
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Pharmaceuticals and substantial related work experience. PhD would be preferred (PhD + 5 years' working experience)
- Substantial experience in unit operations (granulation, compression, encapsulation, coating) to facilitate drug product manufacturing at various scales.
- Significant experience with scheduling and management of direct reports.
- Advanced CMC understanding required.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a highly collaborative, team oriented, customer focused environment
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary, research and manufacturing environment
- Identification and implementation of new technology platforms as required for the site.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.