Senior Manager Corporate Communications
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 14,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza supports researchers and innovative companies developing medicines and nutritional supplements. From cell and gene therapies to novel dosage forms, our customers rely on our technical and scientific expertise to deliver for patients and consumers.
As an established Swiss SMI company, and an industry leader serving global markets, we are committed to our communities and our stakeholders.
As a Senior Manager, Corporate Communications, you will be a key member of Lonza’s external communications team, interacting closely with investor relations and senior leaders in the organization. Through engaging content and proactive outreach, you will ensure that Lonza’s contribution to healthcare is shared externally with stakeholders, including business journalists and investors. Passionate about healthcare and with an interest in global business, you are able to identify key topics and enjoy creating content to engage audiences.
- Create, edit and proofread news releases and other materials related to corporate announcements. Ensure all announcements are in line with company messaging and positioning
- Develop and manage authentic relationships with business media. Ensure media distribution lists and monitoring are optimized
- Field media enquiries and liaise with the appropriate subject matter experts and senior leaders to give timely and high-quality responses in line with business and company messaging
- Assist with the organization of press conferences, media trips, and other events. Responsibilities include content creation and event logistics
- Identify opportunities for thought leadership on industry topics. Create a network of subject matter experts and write and/or edit content for appropriate channels
- Gather relevant content from the business (eg. webinars, white papers, market trends) to develop strong proof points and stories for company messaging – eg. investor decks, leadership team presentations, multimedia content
- Work with digital teams to promote thought leadership topics across Lonza’s owned channels
- Support investor relations and financial communications activities, ensuring investor material is communicated in an impactful and engaging manner
- Cascade relevant company material to the business and develop communications guidance and tools in line with business needs
- Manage relations with external agencies for public and investor relations
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a subject related to communications, media relations, or journalism
- English mother tongue / native proficiency, fluency in German is a plus
- Solid background in corporate communications, ideally operating in a regulated environment, combined with agency experience
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Broad knowledge of pharma and nutrition industries. You have an interest in understanding industry trends and customer challenges and how Lonza is driving solutions
- Curiosity, desire to learn and the ability to translate complex subjects into accessible, compelling content
- Excellent people skills/natural networker with proven experience developing a network
- Ability to put in place clear processes and communicate effectively with a broad network of stakeholders
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.