Technician 3, Maintenance
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Maintenance Technician 3 will ensure the production of the highest quality capsule by providing mechanical support for reliability-focused activities including: preventative maintenance, downtime trend resolutions, size changes, machine startups, critical part repair/rebuild, and equipment troubleshooting/overhaul. Completes assigned PM’s on equipment throughout the operation, reviews and updates PM content as needed, proactively identifies and implements methods to improve the reliability of equipment.
- Perform troubleshooting and repairing of Hard Capsule Machines (HCM’s) for breakdowns and quality issues that shift mechanics and/or reliability mechanics are unable to resolve.
- Self-motivated to hone skills to diagnose and resolve recurring issues in a timely manner.
- Must take self-initiative to learn existing equipment and new equipment technologies installed throughout the facility.
- This position may be required to work in all areas of the facilities, including but not limited to: HGC, Gel Prep, Printing and Maintenance Support departments.
- SME to develop and revise PMs as needed
- Follow work instructions to support/execute PM, PDM and breakdown maintenance
- Complete assigned PM’s in Blue Mountain.
- Conduct component rebuilds of repairable spares in accordance with specified work instructions and train other reliability mechanics on the proper procedures
- Work with storeroom to identify and ensure that the required spare parts and part revision are being held in inventory
- Ability to generate & review equipment trend/alarm reports to identify which trends require a maintenance intervention. Specifically responsible for monitoring the overall reliability of all HCM Dipper Sections
- High school graduate or GED
- Experience as an HCM Mechanic or 2 years as a Reliability Mechanic
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and solve mechanical and technology based problems.
- Proven mechanical aptitude to disassemble and rebuild critical parts used throughout the operation
- Proven mechanical aptitude to build up all parts necessary and perform an overhaul of the dipper section.
- Preferred candidate will have the ability to use and modify files using MS Office: Outlook, Excel, Word, and Powerpoint.
- Preferred candidate will be trained and certified to operate a mill and/or lathe.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.