Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is building a new CoE for Digital that will create the digital platforms for Lonza in the areas of Cloud, Data, Integration and Automation. These are great opportunities to come and shape the future of digital for Lonza and support our digital transformation. All of our roles will be hands-on and technical in nature, we will build global platforms that will enable are digital initiatives to scale. There are additional exciting opportunities within this new team that will also look to support Virtual and Augmented Reality, Crowdsourcing and Innovation Platforms. We have a great community of digital leaders across Lonza and now we need the architecture and engineering experience to help us realize our plans.
- Overall responsibility for the data architecture, standards and platform at Lonza
- Support and enable the Lonza Data Architecture and the Data Strategy
- Supporting solution architecture and engineering for data ingestion and modelling challenges
- Support the deduplication of enterprise data tools, working with the Lonza Data Governance Board, Digital Council and IT to drive towards a single Lonza Data Architecture
- Support the selection and adoption of a new data platform across the business.
- Working with the Digital Council and IT to identify integration opportunities and gather requirements to ensure that our data platforms can then be architected and engineered to provide business value.
- Manage and maintain the Lonza Data Architecture and solutions that deliver the platform at Lonza with operational support and troubleshooting
- Previous experience as a data Architect or in a similar role
- Experience in several of the following areas: database architecture, ETL, Datawarehouse, Data Fabric, Data Virtualisation business intelligence, big data, machine learning, advanced analytics
- Technical expertise with data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of programming languages (e.g. Java and Python)
- Hands-on experience with SQL database design
- Great numerical and analytical skills
- Degree in Computer Science, IT, or similar field; a Master’s is a plus
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.