Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is building a new CoE for Digital that will create the digital platforms for Lonza in the areas of Cloud, Data, Integration and Automation. These are great opportunities to come and shape the future of digital for Lonza and support our digital transformation. All of our roles will be hands-on and technical in nature, we will build global platforms that will enable are digital initiatives to scale. There are additional exciting opportunities within this new team that will also look to support Virtual and Augmented Reality, Crowdsourcing and Innovation Platforms. We have a great community of digital leaders across Lonza and now we need the architecture and engineering experience to help us realize our plans.
The Cloud Architect will develop the architecture for how Lonza can leverage cloud capabilities successful. The role will drive the adoption of cloud across the business, working with the Digital Council and IT, to identify cloud opportunities and gather requirements to ensure we can provide business value form the cloud. This will be a hands-on engineering role with a strong focus on architecture and digital transformation. The role will be responsible for the Cloud architecture and its engineering, the subject matter expert for our cloud platform.
- Responsible for the creation of a cloud strategy and reference architecture
- Analyse the current cloud solutions at Lonza and develop a roadmap to deliver the cloud strategy.
- Stakeholder management, building strong relationship with the business, Digital Council and IT - Working with business clients to understand their needs and to implement the cloud strategies accordingly
- Work with the Cloud Engineer to develop and implement the cloud platform and cloud-based solutions
- Experience of working with multiple cloud provider (Azure, AWS, Google etc.)
- Considerable experience with digital transformation and large scale cloud projects Container Technologies such as Kubernetes and Docker
- Infrastructure as Code using CI/CD pipelines
- Delivery of cloud native applications
- Good understanding of serverless computing and event driven architecture
- Solid understanding of Agile Development and DevOps best practice
- Experience on building a Centre of Excellence or Shared Service Centre for Cloud are a plus
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.