QC Microbiology Group Leader
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking for an experienced QC Microbiology Group Leader to be join our Centre of Excellence for biopharmaceutical process development and small-scale GMP manufacturing in Slough, UK.
The QC Microbiology Group leader will provide management, support and guidance to Microbiology team, while ensuring the Microbiology team are fully trained on all assigned tasks and provide a working environment fit for purpose and support continuous improvement.
You will also help develop team to ensure compliance with cGMP, and achieve flawless execution of assigned tasks in a safe and responsible manner.
- Accountable for management of Microbiology team for planning and execution of routine microbiological testing and method qualifications including but not limited to; bioburden, endotoxin testing of products and intermediates manufactured to GMP and Pilot as part of product development/commercialization.
- Act as the point of contact between, Manufacturing, MSAT and CCD.
- Responsible for delivery, planning and management of virus/mycoplasma testing and method qualification conducted by 3rd parties as part of batch release for pilot, product development phases and commercialization.
- Ensure sufficient qualified and calibrated, media, consumables and equipment are available for conducting microbiological testing.
- Oversee test methods deviations, out of specifications, atypical results and excursions are investigated and trended appropriately in a timely manner.
- Act as an authorized signature on all relevant Trackwise records.
- Ensure the team adhere to data integrity at all times and equipment and raw data is suitably managed and maintained to comply with GMP.
- Ensure the team are fully cross trained in the activities they conduct and maintain training compliance > 95% to ensure required flexibility and avoid single points of failure
- Make sure Microbiology remain audit ready at all times, by conducting GMP walkthroughs Conduct Microbiology laboratory tours for internal and external customers and Regulatory Inspectors.
- Represent QC at appropriate meetings to provide clear status of delivery of Microbiology testing and communicate actions back to QC team
What we need you to have:
- Degree (or equivalent) in a science, a degree in Microbiology an advantage
- Extensive hands on experience working within an Microbiological environment
- Previous Team Leadership experience
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.