QC Scientist- Microbiology
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking for an experienced QC Scientist- Microbiology to be join our Centre of Excellence for biopharmaceutical process development and small-scale GMP manufacturing in Slough, UK.
This will be on an initial 12 Month fixed term contract.
- Testing of samples and reporting of all results according to the relevant procedures in accordance with the expectations of GMP.
- Review and approve results generated by other team members.
- Document results in accordance with current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
- Critically assess all results and report any comments or concerns to QC management in a timely manner.
- Performs laboratory housekeeping, equipment maintenance, inventory of supplies, laboratory cleaning, media and reagent qualifications.
- Be aware of and act in accordance with all safety requirements relevant to the task being performed.
- Ensure all core GMP training sessions are attended and up to date
- On-going maintenance of own GMP training profile ensuring training has taken place in appropriate aspects of activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Team Lead
What we need you to have:
- Bachelor of Science, preferred area of study: Microbiology or Biology
- Experience and execution of microbiological and environmental monitoring analysis e.g. bioburden, water sampling and testing.
- Understanding of Microbiological techniques
- Team player, good time management and good communication skills
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.